THE CMP CORRIDOR IS A BAD DEAL FOR MAINE!
This high impact transmission line will bring hydropower from Canada to Massachusetts, profiting international corporations.
WE CAN'T TRUST CMP:
• Ranked as worst utility in America by JD Power three years in a row
• Maine ranked last in nation for power reliability
• Placed under investigation/fined multiple times in the last few years
• Tells Mainers one thing while doing another...like running ads claiming a cut of 54’ when actually cutting on average 98’.
Find out more at www.YesToRejectCMPCorridor.com/clearcut
CMP'S CORRIDOR IS BAD FOR MAINE'S ENVIRONMENT:
• Maine’s most prominent environmental groups all agree that this project will cause
irreparable damage to Maine’s undeveloped forest without promised GHG benefits
• Fragments the last great forest east of the Mississippi River
• Even the Massachusetts attorney general agrees this project will not reduce carbon emissions
• CMP has repeatedly said this project is not about climate change
Find out more at www.YesToRejectCMPCorridor.com/climate
CMP'S CORRIDOR IS BAD FOR MAINE'S ECONOMY:
• Countless jobs in the biomass industry and related forest products industries put in jeopardy by the Corridor
• Corridor will destroy heritage fisheries and harm the regional tourism industry
• Will cost Maine-based renewables $400 million in the first 15 years of operation, jeopardizing hundreds of good paying jobs
• Creates an artificial reliance on foreign energy, exporting profits to Quebec and Spain.
Find out more at www.YesToRejectCMPCorridor.com/economic_impact
CMP HAS SPENT MILLIONS TO SILENCE YOUR VOICE:
• CMP sued the State of Maine to block a statewide vote last year
• CMP has spent millions of dollars on propaganda and lawsuits, and it has forged ahead with construction, despite pending lawsuits and ahead of the statewide vote
• Hydro-Quebec, a government-owned corporation, has also spent more than $10 million to influence the outcome of this referendum - money they wouldn’t be allowed to spend on a similar effort in their own country!
Maine is NOT AN EXTENSION CORD for Massachusetts
Will you join us in voting YES on 1 to REJECT the CMP Corridor this November?
Want to download this fact page as a PDF to have with you?
Seen CMP's misleading ads about their new bogeyman, retroactivity?
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FACTS ABOUT RETROACTIVITY.